What are the Cookies?
Cookies are text files that are installed in the computer from where a website is accessed and automatically sends information to our server. Cookies are not a virus. They do not harm your computer nor slow it down. You can delete them any time or reject them from your browser settings.
Why are they important?
Cookies help us to get the best of our website and provide a more personalised service. From a technical viewpoint, they allow websites to work faster and adapt to users’ preferences. Moreover, they help us improve the content and services thanks to the statistical data they gather.
What types of cookies are there?
Cookies are classified according to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: these allow the User to surf the website, platform or application and allow using different options or services such as controlling traffic and data communication, session identification, accessing secure area, singing up to a website or an event, using security elements while surfing, storing content to share videos or audio or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: these allow the User to have access to the service with some predefined general features based on certain criteria on the User device such as language, type of browser and regional settings used to access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these allow following up and analysing users’ website use. The information gathered by these cookies is used in website activity measurements and use profiling in order to introduce improvements based on users’ service usage.
- Advertising cookies: these allow effective management of advertising space, which would be included in the website based on content edited or frequency in which ads are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these allow effective management of advertising which, in this case, the website owner has included in the website. These cookies store user’s behavioural data collected by the continued observation of their surfing habits. This allows developing specific profiles in order to show advertising accordingly.
According to who sets them:
- Own cookies: These cookies are sent to the User’s computer from a device or domain managed by the owner of the website, in this case, ERIC ABIDAL FOUNDATION, from where the service requested by the User is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the User’s computer from a third-party device or domain that is not managed by the website owner but by another entity that manages the data obtained through cookies.
According to how long they remain active:
- Session cookies: these are designed to collect and store data while the User access the website. They are generally used to store information that is only required once to provide the service requested by the User. Data obtained from these cookies allows analysing website traffic data. Overall, these cookies allow us to provide a better use experience, improve content and facilitate usage.
- Permanent cookies: these are stored in the hard disk and our websites read them each time the User visits our website. They have an expiration date after which they no longer work.
What type of cookies does www.ericabidalfoundation.org use?
- Google Analytics cookies: To optimise and analyse our website functionality, we use Google Analytics, whose main cookies include: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, which provide anonymous information about user’s interaction with the website.
- Technical cookies: these allow the User to navigate through the website and use the different services and options offered.
Can I define cookies installation settings in my browser?
Safari for IOS: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES&locale=es_ES